You ask, how can that be? Aren’t blogs and website supposed to be hyper-focused these days?
Humans are a little more complicated than that and I believe in blogging on our own terms. For me, and this little space, it looks like a combination of lifestyle posts, crafts, and the good ol’ WordPress and blogging tutorials.
It is my goal to connect with you and get to know you – and not just as a potential lead.
I started 259 West, previously known as Freeborboleta, as a newlywed after my husband, Lance, and I moved to Washington state on Army’s orders. I have been in this little space for over six years now and here’s what you can expect –
- Looks at me and my family’s life as we navigate life in Germany on Army’s orders
- Fun, easy crafts and free printables
- The occasional book review from this librarian at heart
- Reveals of my latest blog design projects
- Easy-to-follow tutorials that will help you have a professional blog without the headaches so you can blog on your own terms
I need some WordPress + Blogging help!
A huge driving force in 259 West is helping WordPress users to make their spaces they own without fear.
Here’s how I can help you
- Need a one-of-a-kind look for your blog? Let’s work together on a custom design!
- Want a new look for your blog without breaking the bank? Check out my WordPress themes
- Read some of my blogging tips
- Get some WordPress 101 help + tutorials
- Check out my favorite blogging resources!
- Get back on track with the Level Up! Blog Planner
- Love WordPress but hate dealing with updates and deleting spam? Leave it all to me!
Born and raised in Santiago, Chile I moved to the U.S. alongside my mom in 2004 in search for our version of the American dream. When I was a senior in high school, I began working at the local library – mostly because I already knew more than half of the student staff and I reaaaaally hated my job at the movie theater (free pop-corn can only go so far, friends).
In the meantime, like all peeps my age I was spending inordinate amounts of time on MySpace (the good ol’ days). Unlike all my friends, instead of trying to decide who’d be on my top friends, I agonized over pixels and hex codes. No premade template would do.
It is during this time of working at a library + playing around on online that I discovered that a) I’m really good with computers and b) I LOVE helping people.
As a young newlywed, I was unsure about what to do when it came to my education until one day it hit me: I needed to work at a library again. So I finished my Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy at the University of Washington and immediately jumped in into my Master of Science in Library and Information Science, graduating in March 2016 from UW’s iSchool.
I’m currently residing in Germany’s Bavaria region on Army’s orders, alongside my husband, our two fur babies and our two tiny humans, Joey and Ben.