If you’ve been here a while you know that I used to work in Panera back in the day. Usually when people work at one of their favorite restaurants one of two things happen – either you flip to hating that place or you get fat. While I worked at Panera I got fat. I couldn’t stop eating all of their delicious food – and one of my favorites? Cherry Cheese Danish.
I may or may not have worked out my breaks around the Cherry Cheese Danish oven schedule more than once so I could get me some cherry danish goodness right out of the oven. #NoShame. But in the years since I stopped working there, there has been a serious lack of cherry gooey goodness in my life… Until I figured out a seriously easy way to make Cherry Cheese Danish – and I just can’t keep this stuff to myself, hence my first recipe in almost a year!
- Crescent Rolls (Big & Flaky recommended)
- Cherry Pie Filling, 1 can
- Cream Cheese, 4oz
- Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp
- Sugar, 4 Tbsp
- Powdered Sugar, 1.5 cups
- Butter, 1 Tbsp softened
- Milk, 4-5 Tbsp
- Set oven to 425 degrees F
- In a bowl, soften the cream cheese in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Mix in the sugar and vanilla extract, set aside.
- Open the Crescent rolls tube and unroll the dough. The dough comes pre-cut in triangles to make the crescent rolls. Pinch two triangles together down the diagonal line to make one rectangle of dough.
- With a rolling pen, roll out the dough so the rectangle is a big longer – enough to get two squares out of it. Cut the dough into two squares.
- Spread roughly one tablespoon of the cheese filling in a diagonal.
- On top of the cheese filling, spread roughly one to two tablespoons of the cherry filling.
- Take two opposing corners of dough and envelop the filling (think of a burrito).
- Brush with egg wash or milk and transfer the cherry cheese danish to a baking sheet (Tip: Use a spatula!)
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in preheated over for 10-15 minutes, until the dough is golden brown.
These bad boys have definitely become a favorite in the house – I’ve already been told I’ll have to make them again next week for my mom’s birthday / mother’s day!